Topic

Brita charcoal filter.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 1:13 am

Hi all.

Lately I have been considering my hydration requirements down here in Aus (I do Kokoda on occasion) and have decided on the following.

1 – Treat with Micropur Forte
2 – Filter with a Sawyer inline filter (gravity)
3 – Use some sort of Charcoal filter to remove any taste.

I came across a Brita "Hiking" bottle with an inbuilt Charcoal filter which I purchased to do some testing. While playing around with this setup I realized that the filter and nipple might fit into a Platypus bottle I had tucked away. Sure enough it was a perfect fit. No leaks and the threads fit snugly. This is an easily got item here in Aus but I havn't seen it in other countries. Thought it might be of some interest to some.

I have a few photo's of the setup.

Brita dismantledBrita in Platypus

There is no way to add a hose to the nipple.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...