http://www.nemoequipment.com/nemo08-gogo-tent
I haven't seen that many solo tents that offer this much versitility, or such an excellent psi… or I mean, pps, lol
anyone ever used this one before? just curious.
-Evan
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
http://www.nemoequipment.com/nemo08-gogo-tent
I haven't seen that many solo tents that offer this much versitility, or such an excellent psi… or I mean, pps, lol
anyone ever used this one before? just curious.
-Evan
Tent? IMHO, any shelter that you can't sit up inside is a glorified bivy.
nm
I agree with David, and besides, there's no such thing as a double wall bivouc.
Pack wt on this is 2.5 lb. You could get a lot bigger tent for that wt.
For a bivy it is pretty interesting but still on the heavy side.
However, it is on sale at Outdoor Daily right now for $146 I noticed.
-Mark
Did you actually weigh it, because the wedsite says 1.9lbs.
nm
Nemo even calls it a bivy…and it's not really a double walled shelter. The idea that a mesh entry equates to a double walled shelter is not something I am familiar with.
Not to burst your bubble (ha pun intended)
I would much rather spend 3 more ounces on the TT rainbow and call it good.
Also a Note: Packed weight of the current model is 2.5lbs and the "MINIMUM" weight is 1.9lbs
oh, I thought that was the regular weight, foolish me.
Nothing wrong with a bivy (obviously) — but everything else being the same, it's a lot more challenging to build a UL tent.
nm
I have one (the original, single wall version), though haven't gotten to use it much yet. I do really like it, though wish they included a pole for the tail on the end since it works much better when you prop that up. I got it for UL bike touring since that puts me in a lot of established campgrounds where I want something that doesn't rely on trees like a tarp, gives a little more privacy, and doesn't require hiking poles. For biking, it's pretty great since I can use any gear bag system I want without having to worry about pole length, even though there may be one or two other ultralight tent systems on the market that would be a smidge lighter using carbon fiber folding poles.
Overall, it's bigger in the pack and heavier than a tarp/bivy system, but much more reliable to set up anywhere and quicker. There's plenty of room to prop up and knit or read.
Become a member to post in the forums.