Topic

Gossamer Gear…soon to be making TALL packs!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedJan 13, 2009 at 10:03 am

Although I'm not going to promise it's gospel just yet, it is terribly encouraging for us tall folks and also serves as a very positive reminder that the cottage industry of lightweight backpacking is absolutely wonderful when it comes to considering new ideas and really being flexible to customer requests.

After maintaining an on-going dialogue with Grant at Gossamer Gear (www.gossamergear.com) about a couple things, he sent me an e-mail today reading, "after talking with you I've decided to add a tall size to some of our packs. Probably in the Plus first, then Gorilla or Mini."

He didn't mention a scheduled delivery on these and I definitely don't plan on hounding him being that I'm thankful just to have his willingness on the radar.

Sam Haraldson BPL Member
PostedJan 13, 2009 at 1:48 pm

There's very few worse feelings in backpacking than the hipbelt riding up around my belly button. Grr.

PostedJan 13, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Pfffffttttt….I so do not feel sorry for you tall guys. Try having to buy midget packs for 15" torsos. Nothing ever fits right and few of the true UL packs are made that short.

Of course my husband's freakish long torso will be happy to hear about that. ;-) He can never get anything to fit him (long torso and he is 6'4"). So that is cool if it happens!

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedJan 13, 2009 at 8:00 pm

I imagine it's nicer than having your spine compressed hauling 40 pounds in a pack 2 sizes too small.

Synchro is a 22" right? I'm a 21.5" and large ULAs fit me like a glove. They even have one size larger! Even my Greogry load pig is a touch too large for me at 22".

I have yet to try a frameless pack though. I'm guessing tall people don't work well with them, especially if some have a size range of 4" but so few straps to fine tune the fit.

Joe Clement BPL Member
PostedJan 13, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Like you guys need it. You walk around looking down on the rest of us, dominating sports…….now this….ha!

PostedJan 14, 2009 at 7:27 am

Jeff,
I think he'd do well with a ULA. Often the issue is he is carrying so much camera gear that he has to have a god awful heavy pack on.

Part of why he bought me a Double Rainbow last month was he fit in it as well. Not many tents I can sleep in with him :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...