Has anybody got a great system for cleaning the esbit gunk off the bottom of the pot when on the trail?
Topic
Esbit clean-up
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Pour a little water on the bottom of the pan and then scrub/scrape on rough grass or sand. Repeat. Works well for me.
A small square cut from a green scrub pad. Get it wet, scrub, rinse. The pad can be used repeatedly, is light weight, and dries very quickly.
I cut Clorox clean-up wipes into four pieces and tuck them into a tiny zip-lock bag, then use one piece to first clean my spoon and then the bottom of my beer can pot, then toss the used wipe in with my other trash. No rinsing needed.
Awesome! thanks.
Those are all great.I haven't used esbit on the trail yet and was trying to anticipate. It seemed messy when I tested it at home.
Become a member to post in the forums.

