Topic

Esbit clean-up

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Esbit clean-up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john griffith
    BPL Member

@jgriffith-2

Locale: Southeast U.S.

Has anybody got a great system for cleaning the esbit gunk off the bottom of the pot when on the trail?

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

Pour a little water on the bottom of the pan and then scrub/scrape on rough grass or sand. Repeat. Works well for me.

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

A small square cut from a green scrub pad. Get it wet, scrub, rinse. The pad can be used repeatedly, is light weight, and dries very quickly.

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

I cut Clorox clean-up wipes into four pieces and tuck them into a tiny zip-lock bag, then use one piece to first clean my spoon and then the bottom of my beer can pot, then toss the used wipe in with my other trash. No rinsing needed.

john griffith
    BPL Member

@jgriffith-2

Locale: Southeast U.S.

Awesome! thanks.

Those are all great.I haven't used esbit on the trail yet and was trying to anticipate. It seemed messy when I tested it at home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools