Topic

Best time for winter gear deals?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Best time for winter gear deals?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul Sturrock

@byblow

Can anyone tell me when the best deals are typically available for winter gear? I'm in the market for some cold weather clothing, specifically, a Patagonia Micro Puff jacket or pullover, a fleece jacket and some base layer items. I found a Micro Puff jacket for $125, but I won't need one until April or May at earliest, so I can afford to be patient. Any help will be appreciated!

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Patagonia.com usually has a winter sale in late February on all their web specials, prices are usually 40-70% off. Last year they had the micropuff pullovers selling for $80. But to get this price (and other great deals) you have to buy these items the minute the sale starts, because things sell out fast. Last year, if i remember correctly, the sale started the day before it was advertised to begin.

Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

I just recetly bought the MP pants for 60 (not sure if you want pants) they are actually not listed on the website but if you do a text search you find them on closeout for $60 – which is a good deal. I assume they are changing design/sepcs for next year

Mike

Paul Sturrock

@byblow

Doug and Michael, thanks for the good tips!

jeremy yax

@isenriver

Locale: tennessee

i know rei started a clearance sale a few days ago that is still going on now. i got a small day-bag and some pants for more than 50% off the regular price.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Patagonia are showing some colours of MP in their Web Specials section at $90, sold out. A couple of times I've called and had them check sold out items, and sure enough, there are one or two still in stock.

It's worth trying.

Rod

Nick Chen

@fleetparadox

Locale: Socal

The Web Specials section is usually just left-overs and surplus right? It's raided so quickly that only the huge sizes are left.

I've found that many of my most coveted Patagonia items have been available on Steep and Cheap.com. I've seen the Micropuff Jacket (unfortunately not the Pullover) many times. Just tonight I bought an R1 Pullover for $55 :)

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Has anyone seen any deals on insulated pants lately?

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

I just picked up some brand new insulated pants designed for military use. They are made with an Epic exterior and Primaloft Sport insulation.

Unfortunately they are not lightweight. My size large weighs in at 1 lb 12 oz.

They were listed at $70 w/free shipping on Ebay, but I offered $55 for them and it was accepted by the seller. The seller has since raised the price to $85, but you might still want to try the "make an offer" button.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Nick wrote
    The Web Specials section is usually just left-overs and surplus right? It's raided so quickly that only the huge sizes are left.

Nope, not true Web Specials are a mix of Clearance left overs and general sale gear. There are also a lot of military spec items on there at the moment, some of them in a wide range of sizes.

Rod

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Patagonia hace these on sale until tomorrow at 30% off. (about $135)

Multiple sizes S-XL in multiple colors

Rod

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools