Topic

Patagonia Mountaineering School

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Patagonia Mountaineering School

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kelham Stephenson

@ksspowpow

I am a college junior and I am seriously looking into professional mountaineering guiding after school.
    I am already Aiare I Avalance Certified. I am looking at spending 2 years down in Patagonia with the mountaineering school
    to recieve my WEA Mountaineering Instructor Guide Cert, WFR, Avalanche II and Leave no trace master course and avalanche I instructor course.
    Does anyone know anything about this school or their programs, I havent seen any reviews other than the ones on the site itself.
    How does a WEA compare to an AMGA course. It seems to me the AMGA course is just certifications on what you already know its not all taught during their
    8-12 day course seminars. The WEA seems to take longer and is more intensive, and actually teaching the skills?
    I also dont see any other programs that offer the WEA, is it a nationally recognized as a AMGA guide position.
    Any answers would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools