Topic

Merino Wool outer layer?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
PostedJan 7, 2009 at 1:22 pm

To better help with my moisture management I am looking for a loser cut long sleeve merino wool top. My issue has been that so far all I can find are skin tight tops.

I am intending to wear the M.W. long sleeve top over a silk weight polypro base layer. So far all I have been able to find are skin tight base layer M.W. long sleeves.

PostedJan 7, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I need some input because I wear an XL or XXL depending on the supplier. For example with Icebreaker products I need an XXL otherwise its skin tight to the point that it restricts movement.

I would hate to order an XXL and find out it fits me rather snug.

PostedJan 7, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Now that could work!

Anyone have experince with other Ibex long sleeve tops that you think could fit a 2 x 4 like me?

Roleigh Martin BPL Member
PostedJan 7, 2009 at 3:02 pm

The Ibex XXL fits just right for me. I wish I was not so big (the Minnesota winters do me in — towards the end of each summer, the XL fits fine, then it's back to XXL by February). I like the IBEX sizing, it's true to conventional use of the size labels.

PostedJan 7, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Chad you are probably aware of this but the 190 and 140 weights from icebreaker fit looser than the the 150 and 200 weights. I like the fit of smalls in the 190 weight stuff but the small 200 weight shirts are way too tight on me.

Donna C BPL Member
PostedJan 8, 2009 at 2:52 am

I wear one size up for my outer MW layer. Right now I have an Icebreaker zip top that has the thumbhole to keep the sleeve down and hands warmer. I can wear several thinner layers underneath. I can also wear it alone with a light windbreaker.

PostedJan 8, 2009 at 9:04 am

"Chad you are probably aware of this but the 190 and 140 weights from icebreaker fit looser than the the 150 and 200 weights. I like the fit of smalls in the 190 weight stuff but the small 200 weight shirts are way too tight on me."

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to look around and see if any local shops carry those weights.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...