There were some interesting articles a couple of years ago about the MSR Vapore Capillary Technology stove. Is there any update on this? It looked like a promising technology. Any idea when they might release a product using this technology?
Leni
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
There were some interesting articles a couple of years ago about the MSR Vapore Capillary Technology stove. Is there any update on this? It looked like a promising technology. Any idea when they might release a product using this technology?
Leni
I had been following that stove, too, and it's very interesting. Last I knew, MSR had lost access to the ceramic wicks, and the stove hadn't performed as well as hoped. I may have read that they have again gotten access to the wicks, but I can't seem to find where. Here are three articles from other sites on it (it was originally developed as part of an army contract:
http://nsc.natick.army.mil/media/fact/food/miwh.pdf
http://www.appliancedesign.com/CDA/Archives/694a3a6c89a38010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____
http://www.natick.army.mil/about/pao/pubs/warrior/05/mayjune/index.htm#a4
Forgive me if I am cynical.
But anything which takes that long to bring to market after we were repeatedly told it is nearly ready is likely to be a forever-next-year product.
Cheers
Become a member to post in the forums.