Topic

Pad system for quilt?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedJan 5, 2009 at 12:09 pm

I have been using various pads with traditional mummy bags that are short and thus my feet are on the rucksack and head might be on pillow/clothing.
I am now converting to a quilt and want to get an appropriately sized pad(waiting on a new MLD XP) I fear that drafts might be an issue both at the thigh area (footboxes are usually air tight enough) and under neck (hoodless). How does that work? do i need something that indeed is continuous from head to knee?
Assume temps above 20F but below 40F and I am in tent or bivi.

Mike

todd BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Michael,

In a tent or bivy, drafts won't be much of a problem (esp in a bivy).

In a bivy I have (lately) used a Montbell 120 pad w/ pillow attached, and a cut-off ccf pad attached via the toggles at the bottom of the pad. This gives a full-length option w/a nice sitpad, too. I must say this has worked out very nicely!

All of this is modest weight and again, in the bivy, drafts haven't been a problem for me. (I use the JRB quilts).

Todd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...