Topic

Organic Chicken Find

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJan 4, 2009 at 10:18 am

Down in Florida I came across 5-ounce cans of organic chicken by Valley Fresh (with pop top). Was a nice find indeed.

It isn't mentioned on their website so I am thinking it is either new or is being test marketed.

http://valleyfresh.com/Products/

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I have a problem with the idea of an inorganic chicken. What would it be made of – clay, steel, titanium, plastic?

Cheers

PostedJan 4, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Roger, I say I only eat 'supernatural" food when people market their food as all natural.
But really they should spell out what they mean like- hormone free, free range ect. I buy it up when it clearly saids those things on the label.

PostedJan 4, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Companies could put the label "Natural" or "All natural" as much as they want to with little liability. The thing is, the USDA or whoever in charge, does not enforce anything against certain words and companies have taken advantage of that. However, the FDA/USDA or whoever in charge enforces the word "Organic" heavily.

Organic meats (such as chicken, beef etc.) does not mean that they don't contain things other than chicken but rather, it hasn't been fed with growth hormones. The majority of the non organic meats were bred and fed with the use of hormones and various other techniques.

PostedJan 4, 2009 at 7:07 pm

As long as we are on the topic of organic… I recall a number of years ago Alaskan wild salmon was not permitted to carry an "organic" label while farm raised salmon was able to carry the label. Efforts at making the farm raised salmon industry include a notice that the fish has been enhanced with red dye probably ended that attempt at marketing fake fish as real. Wild salmon still can't be labeled organic. The bumper sticker around Southeast Alaska says,
"Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish"

Are there wild chickens?

Chris Morgan BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2009 at 7:15 pm

If you give a chicken or salmon steroids, does it contain more protein per oz or does it just build more total muscle?

Maybe I can raise my own chicken n' roids and foil package them for a new UL backpacker line of products.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...