Where's the best place to purchase 850 or 950 down to make a quilt?
My wife is quite a seamstress. I think it's time for her to start earning her keep instead of me purchasing a $300 bag….lol
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
Where's the best place to purchase 850 or 950 down to make a quilt?
My wife is quite a seamstress. I think it's time for her to start earning her keep instead of me purchasing a $300 bag….lol
Ed Speer of Speer Hammocks sells some excellent 900 down. Check it out at:
http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Supplies.htm
If you haven't stuffed using down you might check a few sources before you do. Most first time users find it very difficult to work with. At the very least stuff it inside a tent set up inside the house in a draft free area. That way the down is kept in one location.
Try Thru-hiker or Seven wonders down. (note: I haven’t used either, but others on this forum have… try a search).
The Seven Wonders looked good to me. Huge compared to what came out of my Kelty Lightyear.
The stuff I go from Speer was great. It was a bit darker in color but I didn't care because the quality was really good.
Become a member to post in the forums.