Topic

Bivy & Tarp questions

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
todd BPL Member
PostedJan 3, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Please help me!!!!!

Despite lots of rain experienced in a tent and hammock, I haven't had many rainy nights in a tarp / Gatewood.

I'm about to take a 3 day trip on the FL Trail thru the St. Marks NWR. I expect it to rain.

I'm nearly….well call it 6'2". I will either use a solo tarp or a Gatewood Cape, with a JRB down quilt. I have both a MH Conduit SL bivy and an Equinox bivy.

The Equinox breathes well, and, in fact, my only complaints are that the zipper usually opens by itself (with a little help from me rolling), and it works its way "down" during the night due to no hood.

I haven't used the Conduit overnight and was worried about breathability in potentially humid conditions. Trying it in the backyard, I don't feel I will worry about the zipper coming down by itself, and with the hood (another feature I like, which the Equinox lacks) the bivy won't work its way down like the Equinox.

1) Will the Conduit soak my quilt? Other condensation issues?

Thanks, Todd

todd BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Joseph,

I can do that, but I wanted to go lighter for this trip.

Thanks, though. Anybody have Conduit experience???

todd BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Additional background above….but is it breathable in humid conditions?

PostedJan 10, 2009 at 5:43 pm

I have wondered about the Conduit -some info says waterproof top some says water resistant?? Why not take the Conduit on a damp trip and then report back with some info. THANKS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...