Topic

TENT REMODEL

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear TENT REMODEL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Locale: West

I designed my single man tent about 6 years ago and have been using it ever since. I am in the process of remodeling it to upgrade to new materials and connections and hope to take about 10oz. out of the total weight which is now 39oz.all inclusive stakes, poles, ground sheet, and tent body.
    The one thing I can not seem to find is a source for pole clips. Does anyone know where I can find them?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Littlefield

@sclittlefield

Locale: Northern Woods of Maine

Are these what you're looking for? Scroll to just about the very bottom of the page. They're 0.39 or 0.59 each, depending on the type you want.

http://www.questoutfitters.com/fasteners%20plastic-cart.htm#Acetal%20Fasteners

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Scott,
    Thanks for the link, these could be an option but the ones I am looking for are the ones that MSR uses on the Hubba tent. They are just a pressure fit over the pole with a slot at the bottom that attaches to webbing that you sew into the seam.

terry

Scott Littlefield

@sclittlefield

Locale: Northern Woods of Maine

Gotcha, my LL Bean tent uses what you're talking about. I'm not sure on where to get that sort… I wonder if there's a place you can buy replacement parts for tents.

Let us know if you do find them, I'm sure there are others who'd be interested in such a find.

Scott Van Doeselaar
    BPL Member

@vandoe

Locale: Southern CA

For my tent I wanted to use the clips that Big Agnes used. I called them up and asked if I could purchase them. They had no problem with this. I would give MSR a call and try that.

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Scott,

I called MSR and they wouldn't sell me the clips. I also contacted several other tent Mfg. co. and they also said they would repair it but would not sell the clips. After searching for weeks i just yesterday stumbled on a company called "FASNAP" and they have a 3-piece loop set (part#LP322)that the clip section looks like what i need. I will order some and let you know if they work.

terry

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Terry,

I saw these in my local Kmart (Australia) in the Coghlans rack. They looked like they were for an 11mm pole though.
    About US$1.00 for 3.

Rod

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Ron,

thanks i will check it out at a local K mart and see if they carry what i need. I think i will take the pole with me:-)

terry

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

the tent remodel is going fairly well. so far i have taken out 11.2oz and counting. i ordered the clips from FASNAP but they were the wrong size, so i decided to go with sleeves instead.
    Does anyone know the weight per foot of a water proof #3 zipper. I am thinking of tearing out my #8 zipper on the vestibule and going with a #3 if it will be less weight than the existing and if it will hold up.

thanks to all for your input!

terry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools