Topic

Refuge-X repaired

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedDec 29, 2008 at 11:07 am

I finally got around to fixing the torn side guy-out on my refuge-X.

The damage:
refuge tear

With the help of another generous forum member, I was able to use some VERY sturdy self-adhesive sail tape:
sail cloth

The Challenge: to make the side guy-outs bombproof. I'm quite happy with the results. First I removed the old tie-out:
refuge repair 1

Then I sewed two pieces of grosgrain webbing to form an *x* near the middle of the repair tape:

grossgrain

This pre-sewn piece was then applied to the inside of the hole, with the grossgrain sticking through:

inner patch

I cut a small hole in a second piece of repair tape:

second patch

Then applied this to the outside of the tent, and, Voila, I have a solid repair that distributes the tesnion evenly across the patch. The only sewing was a simple zigzag to the inner patch so there is no weakening of the cuben with stitching holes:finished

Bill Reynolds BPL Member
PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 5:55 am

Does anyone know if and when Ron is going to come out with any more Refuges and if they are going to incorporate any of the proposed changes? I emailed him but have not received a reply?

Steven Evans BPL Member
PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 6:45 am

Bill,
I inquired a few months ago and they said they are coming out with an updated version this year. I ended up purchasing used because I have ants in my pants. :)
Steve

Bill Reynolds BPL Member
PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 6:48 am

Thanks Steve, did they say when this year and what the changes are? Thanks

Steven Evans BPL Member
PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 6:59 am

Bill, I can't remember off hand, but I think I posted the info on this site a while back – let me see if I can dig it up…

Re: Six Moon Designs Refuge/Refuge X Tent Review on 10/14/2008 21:01:48 MDT

I'll let Ron give specifics, but when I asked them to be put on the waiting list, I received a reply from SMD stating that the Refuge X will be going through some revisions before being re-released, and it will be available late winter.

all the info I got from him.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...