I need a small field notebook. What do you use and where do you get it? I am of course looking to purchase from online sources.
Thanks
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
I need a small field notebook. What do you use and where do you get it? I am of course looking to purchase from online sources.
Thanks
Moleskins– all kinds of options, sizes. Hemingway used them. "It was a good notebook.The sun was shining…." Barnes & Noble, etc, etc.
Waterproof? Write in the Rain
Pens? Space Pens. I think Write in the Rain has waterproof pens too.
I used a Write in the Rain notebook for our France trip. Went well. Also one of their pens.
Cheers
http://www.exaclair.com/brands_rhodia.shtml
I like the wirebound one. With graph paper. (below)
Also moleskines on occasion. But when I'm mostly just writing, for some reason I really like graph paper. This one has a nice, durable cover.
Thanks for your input. I have used moleskins before and liked them…just didn't really think it tough enough for field use. Time to test the theory. Also the rite in the rain and rhodia notebooks look nice. I have seen the R.I.T.R. pads before and wondered how well they worked.
Thanks again
Yeah, the Rite-in-the-rain notebooks are practically indestructible. If you write with a pencil, you can let the paper get as wet as you like, and it should still be readable. I won't journal with anything else when I'm backpacking.
Another one for Write in the Rain. Great notebooks. I carry a Fisher Stowaway space pen with it the kind without the clip).
Become a member to post in the forums.