Topic

Sierra Hike This Summer???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Sierra Hike This Summer???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I am looking at doing a week long trip this summer and was wondering if there are a few others that would be interested. I am looking at 5 days hiking with a trip somewhere of Gardiner Basin, to Sixty Lakes Basin in SEKI or possibly South Lake to Noth Lake or possibly going over Lamarck Col and into Darwin Basin. Another idea would be Tuolumne Meadows to 1000 Island Lake and then cross country to Garnett and Ediza and out at Agnews Meadow. Just some thoughts. Is anyone interested????

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

I'm looking for a trek in August but it would have to be in the first 3 weeks of August. In 2006 I went from Sequoia to Mount Whitney. Anyway keep me in mind.
    How far do you plan to travel each day. I'm not a fast packer/trail runner by any means. I can go 20 miles or so in a day but I'm happier at 12 miles a day.

aweston[AT]support[dot]ucla[dot]edu

Tom Bender

@shovelman

Locale: Out East, sort of

I am also thinking about a Sierra hike and will be interested in the answer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools