Topic

GORP, nut-free

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Joe Geib BPL Member
PostedDec 28, 2008 at 1:29 pm

I'm looking for some suggestions on making a snack for the trail that is nutritious as GORP, but without the nuts.

Long story short, I don't like nuts – any nuts (leave the jokes aside).

Anyone have any suggestions for some ingredients that may work well together?

I've tried making a "chocolate-covered cherry", with M&Ms and dried cherries.

Another thing may be some Chex Mix?

PostedDec 29, 2008 at 7:57 am

I can't eat nuts nor fruits these days (braces!) so I just make a mix of whatever sounds good and take it :-) So mix away!

Donna C BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2008 at 11:18 am

shredded coconut and raisins or craisins. I add nuts to that, but still good without the nuts.

victoria maki BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2008 at 12:09 pm

joe, do you like soy beans? roasted ones are quite tasty. at lest then you would have some protein. or how about the wasabi dried peas. they have a little kick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...