Topic

Crux eVent down bags and jackets

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Stumphges BPL Member
PostedDec 26, 2008 at 3:59 am

Outdoorsmagic alerted me to the down sleeping bags and jackets made by Crux of England using welded baffled eVent construction.

Their plasma jacket,

http://www.crux.uk.com/en/crux_clothing_down_plasma_jacket.php

looks like a great waterproof alternative to the likes of Montbell's Alpine Light Parka, as well as a longer-lasting alternative to synthetic fill belay jackets (that just don't last long enough to justify the price IMHO). eVent shelled down seems an overall better proposition than Epic shelled down or primaloft.

Their welded and taped bags should eliminate a bivy for tarp users.

Both are awful pricey though, the Plasma jacket coming in at over $400, even with the weak pound.

Dana S BPL Member
PostedDec 26, 2008 at 10:50 pm

i second this.

Could this eliminate a bivy?

I'm ordering a WM megalite and hoping to order a side zip event bivy from MLD next month.

Anyone know anything about this product?

PostedDec 26, 2008 at 11:10 pm

IIRC feathered friends too have custom eVent option on their products. I am sure it would be cheaper for you guys then importing from UK.

PostedDec 27, 2008 at 12:07 am

The Crux products have welded and sealed seams Huzefa. I don't think FF products are sealed.
Crux products are well regarded here in the UK. There gear is aimed at the climbing market, so can take a bit of punishment. I have a Crux Flak e-Vent Smock (discontinued) and it is a well made piece of kit.
The sealed e-VENT down clothing and sleeping bags have just been released, so it is difficult to get any feedback. Anything i have read has been positive.

Rog Tallbloke BPL Member
PostedDec 27, 2008 at 2:57 am

I have a Crux event jacket weighing a bit over 500g. I subjected it to a 90mph rain test on my motorcycle for 80 miles and stayed bone dry inside. Very impressed so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...