Guys (and gals), I need you help. I am looking for a fleece vest with "no back". IIRC it has a neck collar and that is how it is worn. I am sure I read about it in forum here but cant find it. Tried google.
Thanks and merry Christmas!
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
Guys (and gals), I need you help. I am looking for a fleece vest with "no back". IIRC it has a neck collar and that is how it is worn. I am sure I read about it in forum here but cant find it. Tried google.
Thanks and merry Christmas!
Mr Caffin wrote: "Warmfront:
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Accessories/The%20Warmfront%20Base%20Model/
Cheers"
I found http://www.thewarmfront.com/main.html
Seems that a fleece scarf could do the same with added adaptability. It is an interesting idea. I've seen a lot of cycling vests with breathable back fabrics and windproof fronts.
Thanks Roger. You got it.
Yes Dale. Very interesting idea. The main advantage of such a garment is that you can wear it or remove it without removing your backpack AND windshirt.
It is also SUL, providing comparable warmth at less then half the weight.
Things like the Warmfront are designed for bike riders who are flying into the wind. I am sure they find it useful.
For myself, I need to keep my front clear of any obstruction to heat loss. I get hottest across the chest, and a Warmfront would be the last thing I need.
Cheers
I really like the Warmfront along with arm warmers for hiking in cold weather. My pack keeps my back warm enough and the Warmfront and arm warmers add just the right amount of warmth to keep me comfortable without overheating. If I do get too warm it's easy to pull off without having to stop and remove my pack.
Become a member to post in the forums.