Topic

where Are you buying Montane litespeed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) where Are you buying Montane litespeed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

Okay I missed the Houdini sale. So I decided to buy a litespeed. Where is every one buying them in the US. Also have any men tried the female version. I am 6'1 175 with a 44 inch chest and a 33 inch waist. The female lite speed looked to have a more active cut. I am planing to use the BPL hoody under it most of the time.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

There is a guy who sells aeros and litespeeds from time to time on eBay. I recommend one size larger than your usual US size. Just search "Montane". Prices usually run around $35 plus shipping. If you don't see you size, do ask. Supply is highly variable.

With the popularity of their products, I'm surprised there isn't a better source of supply for Montane gear in the US.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I got mine in 2006 from the guy Dale mentions on eBay. I love that jacket. I've had three other windshirts but always go back to the Montane.

Aaron Granda
    BPL Member

@throckmorton

I too bought one on ebay. It was a steal at $35.00 One of my best buys ever. I think it's perfect. Much longer than other windshirts. I agree that you should order one size up. I also bought one here in the gear swap for $70.00. Keep in mind there are different versions. The first one I bought has a lycra bound hem while the second has an elastic drawcord adjustable by a cordlock. There is a new version out which lacks the double layer hood.

jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

Thanks Guys. I keep an eye on ebay. They have the smock on there now. I am going to wait around for the litespeed. If I just cant wait I will try Jacksonsports(thanks mike). I sent montane an email about U.S. dealers but I have not heard from them yet. Did ya'll size up so you could layer more underneath or just becuase they run small.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Jeff, I had a Montane Litespeed but after seeing how my wife's Houdini performed in the same conditions picked up the Houdini. After wearing it for a few weeks I sold my Montane. I have a review posted on BPL.

The Montane is a good wind shirt, but the Houdini is superior. I'm sure if you look you'll find a Houdini from some supplier, or, if you can wait a bit, Patagonia has a big outlet and store sale around President's Day weekend in February, where you are likely to find one. Also, Patagonia may carry a new Houdini in the spring, and with the current economy, you're likely to find more frequent and deeper sales.

That jacket is one of my favorite and most used pieces of gear.

To those Montane fans out there, the Litespeed is a good jacket and I'm not trying to make fun of your gear, only share my experience with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools