Topic

Rain conversion for Zip-off Pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Rain conversion for Zip-off Pants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

I hope this is the right place to post this:

Has anyone every taken the lower section of zip-off pants and replaced them with a waterproof or water-resistant layer such as silnylon or epic? I was thinking about doing this for use with a poncho in the rain. Does anyone have experience with this? Would rain chaps work better? Could I just take the lower leg sections and waterproof them with a chemical or spray? Please give some thoughts.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

Very Good idea, I dont really have any sugestions myself, I was going to buy some chaps for use with my poncho tarp, but I am going to pay close attention to this thread so I wont have to :-)

Thanks for the idea

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

Brilliant idea David. I’d say… get yourself a sewing machine and have at it :) Should be super easy to make from a pair of drop stoppers and some zipper.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools