Topic

POE Ether Thermo 6

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Dave Heiss BPL Member
PostedDec 18, 2008 at 3:42 pm

I recently asked Pacific Outdoor Equipment if they had any thoughts or plans to produce a mens Ether Thermo 6 pad (current name for the Max-Thermo) at a 60 or 66 inch length. They currently have a womens 66 inch model with extra foot insulation and a wilder color, but I think it would make some sense to close the gap in their men’s pad sizing (78, 72, 48 inches) with a 60 or 66 inch length like BA has. Their customer service rep answer was…..

No plans for a shorter mens size at this point. Yours is the first email we've received on the subject that I know of but we'll keep it in mind. Only major difference on the women's version is the foot area getting extra insulation and the color/screenprint. Fabric weave is the same.

…..I wonder if anyone else would like to see this warm, very comfy pad be made available in a mens mid-size length? Without the extra foot insulation I think the pad weight would come in at 19-20 ounces, which is a tad more than the 18 oz available in the 60 inch BA insulated aircore mummy pad, but I believe POE pads are much warmer and more cushioning. Who else here would like to see a midsize mens Ether Thermo 6?

PostedDec 18, 2008 at 6:55 pm

I have the short (48") POE Max Thermo and at 6'-2" tall, I find it to be the perfect length. I use the Montbell pillow with it. The pillow stays on the pad and my buttocks fits on the other end. My backpack and a foam pad are under my legs.

However, I do have a complaint about the size! It's the width that I'm not happy with! I'm a side sleeper and always, I pull one leg up, if not two and that makes the 20" width too narrow. My buttocks has to be on one side edge and my knee-cap is hanging off the other edge. I put up with this but it requires exact placement of my body on the mat.

Therefore, I'm looking for an air mattress that is 48" long but 24" wide. Just goes to show you, we're all different: that's the beauty of humanity. :-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...