Topic

Overnight temperature readings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Overnight temperature readings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Banbury

@exechobo

Locale: Olympics

Greetings!
    How do all ya’ll take low temperature readings overnight? Does anyone use a bulb thermometer? Or are the multi functions watches the way to go? If so, which ones hold the temp data, Casio?
    Exechobo

Tim (Slowhike) Garner
    BPL Member

@slowhike

Locale: South East U.S.

i resently got the brunton ADC wind. it`s the most basic model in that line. it gives temp, wind speed, wind chill, temperture history over the last 24 hours, time, & probably more. it`s water proof & you can put the wind speed propeller in moving water to get the rate of flow. it weighs about 2 ozs w/o the detachable lanyard. oh yeah… the digital read out is big enough i can shine a light on it as it hangs near my hammock, & see it w/o a strain. …slowhike

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Like Tim I use a Burton ADC, though my loving wife got me the deluxe Pro model. Krestel makes some decent weather instruments as well.

In the past I used an ibutton recorded. I couldn’t see the data in real time, but could see the log when I got home on the computer. In general I don’t like the watch option. The swing weight of the do-everything watches bothers my wrist and accuracy is questional unless you get it far enough away from your body heat.

John Chan

@ouroboros

I’m using a simple alcohol thermometer now attatched to a simple compass but I’ve got a friend with both the Suunto Advisor and a Brunton ADC Pro and I’m eyeing the ADC Pro…

…maybe through Santa’s benevolence this year.

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools