Topic

Snow Leopard Adventure in Ladakh, India

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Snow Leopard Adventure in Ladakh, India

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Millan

@shearer30

Hi all,

In May of 2004, I had an encounter with two snow leopards hunting a dzo (part cow part yak) while climbing Stok Kangri Glacier in Ladakh, India. I went with my buddy Jigmet who off and on works for Wildeast Adventure.

When captured, this was the first of its kind: snow leopards hunting in the wild. And still to this day, I don't believe anyone has ever captured them hunting such a large animal. I certainly didn't expect to see leopards when we set out.

I recently made a very short documentary detailing the events, which can be sen at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVJxu…e=channel_page

If anyone has any questions about Ladakh, I know the area very well, and am going back in May to help guide at my buddy's trekking agency.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Hey Matthew, the link didn't work for me…is it OK on your end?

Mats .

@mats_

Steve wrote: "Hey Matthew, the link didn't work for me…is it OK on your end?"

Steve, the correct URL is:

YouTube video

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

That was amazing. Very professional video. Right place at the right time.
    Thanks, Josh

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

david attenborough's 2007 footage:

YouTube video

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

technically its a video of snow lepords "feeding" not hunting. The animal had already been hunted when you arrived and interrupted its feeding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools