Topic

How many closed cell foam pads for Snowcaving

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedDec 15, 2008 at 6:23 pm

My Troop is going snowcaving in a couple months and this is my first time. I was planning on taking a full length and a 3/4 length closed cell foam pad for my first time around. Is this enough with a 20 degree synthetic bag and 3 season clothing worn to bed? (I will already be conditioned to cold – I live in Idaho and if you've been watching the weather lately…)

PostedDec 15, 2008 at 6:26 pm

You should be fine – what kind of pads are they? I use two closed cell foam pads for any winter trip.

PostedDec 15, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Both are closed cell foam, the full length one being 1/2 inch in thickness, and the 3/4 length being 1/4 inch in thickness.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...