Topic

MYOG: AlpineMid (SoloMid)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG: AlpineMid (SoloMid)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I will but in.

Everything is pretty cheap.
    Household grade tyvek is the cheapest but heavier.
    1.25 oz tyvek is $5/yd
    Silnylon 2nds is around $7 a yard.
    Mesh about $5-6

The lighter stuff like cuben and spinaker gets a lot more expensive.

Nylon webbing,zippers are all cheap.

With no floor, looks like about maybe 6-8 yards of material just guessing to me. A floor would add another 3 yards.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

If i remember right it was around $250. Thom?

-Tim

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

My sewing skills do not meet my expectations for quality so I elected to work with Tim M. to make the AlpineMid.

Tim was very fair with the cost of his work and he was both helpful and patient as I worked through the Version 1 prototype (as pictured on Tim's site).

With the design changes that I will incorporate into Version 2 and with Tim having worked with me through Version 1 I think the price will be somewhat improved.

I will work out the details/changes with Tim and when Version 2 is complete I will post pictures and a cost breakdown.

Pitch height is variable and with adequate pole length the shelter can be pitched off the ground a few inches.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools