Topic

Snowpeak 900 Ti handle removal

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Snowpeak 900 Ti handle removal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Chris Holtzapple

@choltzapple

My best friend decided to heat up a cup of water in his Snow Peak DW mug on our last trip. The mug started to blow up slightly, like a balloon. Now the bottom of it is rounded and it can no longer sit flat. I don't want to think what might have happened if he had left it on the stove.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The handle removal photos and description is excellent. I performed that exact process on my Snowpeak mug. Yes, it did not save a lot of weight but there is an element minimalism that I strive for and the process had more to do with that than anything.

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Never, ever, use twin wall mugs or bowls to heat anything!

Explosive rupture may occur, as may injury to those nearby.

Matthew Roberts

@matthewjamesroberts

Locale: San Fernando Valley

Thank you :)

Since removing my handle I've moved over to a Heine pot. Not as strong as the titanium walls, but lighter weight and faster heat conducting times (aluminum).

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools