Topic

Looking for longer mitts and gloves

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedDec 10, 2008 at 3:09 pm

I have been having quite some difficulty finding mitts and glove liners that will fit my hands. It is not that they are big around but they are somewhat long. It seems that the cinch strap or the elastic always hits right at my wrist or before it and it does become irritating after awhile. Has anyone seen anything that might be longer in length or fit better? Thanks you

PostedDec 10, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Brett,

Check Outdoor Research products. I have their Cornice mitts (8.9 oz) for skiing and take them backpacking in really cold weather. They make lighter versions like Endeavor mitts. The shells are Paclite and the liners are removable. I have long hands too and the cinch systems works great for me.

Richard Lyon BPL Member
PostedDec 11, 2008 at 7:06 am

Brett, I second Michael's endorsement of Outdoor Research, and add my own recommendation: Black Diamond. Like Michael I use gloves intended for skiing when it's really cold or wet. OR and BD have several models with gauntlet-like extended shells that can be cinched down if necessary, well above the wrist.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedDec 11, 2008 at 7:30 am

I thought the whole point was to get them to cinch down below the wrist, not above.

Brad Groves BPL Member
PostedDec 11, 2008 at 9:05 am

Both–once at the wrist, once above at lower 1/3 of forearm…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...