Topic

20 day no resupply food list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition 20 day no resupply food list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Packer

@deathvalleydog

Seeking a suggested food list for a 20 day winter Mojave desert backcountry solo hike without resupply. Any suggestions appreciated.

Bill McCartney

@travellighteatheavy-com

Go to travellighteatheavy.com and check out the menus. All are packed in plastic storage bags.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Go to golites website and track down Coup’s no resupply food list that he used on three alpine long trails this summer.

Wayne Packer

@deathvalleydog

John – Thanks for the Coup info. I found it and it’s interesting stuff – a different take on most other food lists I’ve seen…much in line with Jardine’s thinking (but let’s not get into THAT!)

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Nuts can defintely be a good thing to carry-higher the fat, so much the better. Since going on my low sodium diet I eat a 1/3 cup of no salt cashews with 1/8 cup of Craisins every day at work to keep going (there isn’t a lot I can eat) I plan on eating this while backpacking this coming spring (it’s a bit white out here right now!)

With you doing 20 days, weight will be a big issue, but for calories=weight, nuts are an excellent choice (especially with how dang heart healthy they are!)

I am a big propent of freezer bag style (but that is just me!) My website is http://www.freezerbagcooking.com – it is a free website with a very large database of recipes and concepts :-)It could give you some ideas at least!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools