Topic

Source of down?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source of down?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Adam Hurst

@stormcrowe

Locale: Midwest

That IS the tutorial I am referring to, Mike. I have that tutorial in a pdf file as well as printed out and in a binder! Great article man! If anyone is a hammock camper (and I highly recommend at least trying it) Hammockforums.net is a great place for all things hammock! Plus, the people there are really great.

How many forums are you in Mike? LOL

Adam

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

You have to be a forum member to view the pics.

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

I was asked to not distribute their pricelist, but here is a summary of what I can pass on:

They have a large menu of feathers and down, from very basic feathers to rare Canadian hand collected (what falls from the bird) wild eider duck. (Eider–think the fantasy xmas catalog from Neiman-Marcus.) They have a selection of types that will interest this forum and prices are in line with the other sources in this thread. Minimum order is 2 pounds. They are a member of The Down Association of Canada http://www.downmark.com which regulates quality. Email communication was very cordial.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

its OK, signing up is FREE
    joining may be worth the article itself – but that's for you to decide.

There is info about handling down and how to control its flyaway tendencies that every DIY'er will hopefully benefit.

Nicholas Miller
    BPL Member

@nmiller08

Locale: Montana

Joe, FWIW, I joined hammockforums (specifically to read Mike's writeup, which several members here had recommended) and have found a lot of other useful information there just browsing around. Although i like to join as few boards as possible just to limit potential spam (and time-wasting), I've found the hammock site a lot of fun.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Sure I won't get hammock cooties? I think I found the write up on Practical Backpacking forum. Or maybe Whiteblaze. I am just on so many stinkin' forums now.

John Paul Reid

@reid

Locale: SouthEast

They probably pay a flat rate to ship as much as they need. That's how we do it at UPS. Their monthly sales in a weighted amount is "lighter than feathers" though bulky shouldn't cost much to ship in the long run.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools