Topic

Aqua Mira

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Aqua Mira

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

When using Aqua Mira for water treatment, how do you remove sediment and particulates if you don’t use a supplemental mechanical or in-line filter system?

David Reid

@davidr

I use a Sweetwater Siltstopper inline. Works pretty well and does not hinder the water flow.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Aqua Mira now comes with a tiny mesh filter that fits conviently over the mouth of a Platypus Resevoir. The mesh filter is fine enough in the webbing that it will take out paticles an such. I too had some reservations at first with no way of filtering the little things until that was introduced. I use a Sechle in line for my hydration while hiking and for in camp purposes I use Aqua Mira because I have plenty of time to wait for the chemicals to activate. Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools