Topic

Can anyone ID these packs?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedNov 30, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Not UL, but this is the one forum that the members know their stuff. I haven't had any luck finding out the models of these anywhere. Their both Gregorys. Thanks in advance for any help!
Panel loaderTop loader

Tim Cheek BPL Member
PostedNov 30, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Several years ago I sold mine on ebay to a guy from Japan for, no joke, $200.00+

John Z BPL Member
PostedNov 30, 2008 at 7:03 pm

I think the top one (the one *without* the square plastic lashing patches) might be a Rock Creek.

Tim, did the Day and a Half have a zippered bottom compartment, as shown in the picture?

How much does it weigh?

PostedDec 1, 2008 at 8:00 am

John Z is correct in identifying the Rock Creek and I am fairly sure the the one on the right is a Snow Creek. I used the Rock Creek for a couple of years back in the very early 80s but got rid of it, although it was one of the most convenient packs I have used, because it was way too heavy, even back in the 80s. I can't tell how much it weighed but it felt fully loaded before putting any gear in it. I chided Wayne Gregory over the weight and he agreed but said that the market was driven by rock climbers. The test for quality back then was a pack that could withstand "haul duty" up and down a rock face and that making a lightweight pack would put Gregory's reputation at risk for the market forces in effect at that time. One example of the reputation and credibility issue is the Alpenlite brand, lightweight for the times, but experienced a short life span because folks wanted heavy duty packs.

PostedDec 1, 2008 at 12:33 pm

I agree the panel loader is a Rock Creek but the top loader is not a Snow Creek. I have the Snow Creek and it uses a single strap that cinches the top pocket down on the front instead of two straps like the one shown. My Snow Creek weighs 6 lbs, 2 oz. Ouch!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...