How do you do it? I bought my watch used and don't have the instructions.
Help is much appreciated!
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
How do you do it? I bought my watch used and don't have the instructions.
Help is much appreciated!
Instruction manuals for their products are on their website…
Here is the one for the Summit:
http://www.highgear.com/download.cfm?file=SummitAltitech1.pdf&directory=manuals
Thanks for the link! This should now be easy.
It will be easy; but you better get used to doing it if you want an accurate reading. I own the same watch, and I find it to be terribly inaccurate — even shortly after calibrating it, 500-1000 ft. variances are not uncommon in damp regions. I wish I could name better alternatives, but the watch fits my needs: it accurately displays time and air temperature (when dangling from the ceiling of my shelter).
I hate to be a buzzkill with the negative info, but maybe it will work better for you!
I've owned it now for over 6 months, and it has served me well. Since elevation is calculated based on air pressure, weather changes lead to inaccurate readings, but this is a weakness of all such watches. The weather forecast function was not too useful in the Colorado Rockies with their frequent brief thunderstorms, but it is uncannily accurate in central Michigan. I actually really, really like this watch.
Now that you mention it, I have found the weather forecast to be quite accurate in nearly all circumstances (haven't used it in the Colorado Rockies, but I found the forecast to be accurate in the Northern Rockies). My experience just seems to be that the altimeter overcompensates for decreases in air pressure regardless of the true altitude.
The compass is garbage. Highly inaccurate.
The temp guage is slow, but seems to be pretty accurate. Just take it off your wrist and let it sit out for about 40 minutes.
Maybe it's just where I hike, but I found the altimeter to be very good for what it is. I rarely bother calibrating it here in western Washington and it's always within 50 ft of my friends GPS readings. It was also really accurate in dry, stable California. It did vary aby about 300 ft in the Appalachians.
Become a member to post in the forums.