Topic

Isle Royal 8.08

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Isle Royal 8.08

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean OLeary
    Spectator

@redoleary

Locale: Mid West

Some random images from Isle Royal.treessunsettreesunrise

Brad Amundsen

@bjamundsen

Locale: Midwest

Nice pictures, Sean. I was on Isle Royale in July of this year and thought I would post a few pictures of my own.Sunset at Todd HarborLooking north to the Canadian shore from the Minong RidgeMoose grazing inthe Siskiwit Ponds

Sean OLeary
    Spectator

@redoleary

Nice, we didn't get to see a moose until the last morning as it ran past the outside of the shelter at O'dark:30.
    That was my first time up at IR hope to go back with a canoe.

Good Luck
    RED

victoria maki
    BPL Member

@clt1953

Locale: northern minnesota

i've been to isle royal every year for the past 14 years. a canoe is ok, but a kayak is better. also, easier to control if you go to the outside of the island. if you don't want to have one hauled over by ferry, they have them to rent at both windigo and rock harbor. it is alot safer than a canoe. i would only use a canoe if i was planning to portage in some of the inland lakes…is that what you had in mind?

Sean OLeary
    Spectator

@redoleary

My plan would more likely to be in the big lake on the outer islands etc. I only pick a canoe because thats what I have, and I've never been in a kayak. Thanks for the tip though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools