Topic

Anyone purchase from NAU?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedNov 25, 2008 at 3:02 pm

I am fan of Nau's stuff. I've got quite a few shirts, a wool hoody, and most of pants are from them. The sleeves are a bit too long, but the fit has been excellent, far better than any other brand that I've tried. They are mostly aimed at travel and urban gear, rather than stuff for use in light backpacking.

The stuff that I find really interesting isn't available this winter. Last winter, and over the summer, they had soft shell pants. The DWR was weak, but they stood up to abuse pretty well (thorns and sliding on rocks). They also had a wind shirt that looked like a normal button front shirt.

From the current line, I think the merino base layers might interest backpackers, and perhaps the down vest or the hard shell jackets.

Ron Bell / MLD BPL Member
PostedNov 25, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Beautiful Stuff! Good Philosophy. I love the name play-

They almost went under this year and they are now reorganizing and discontinuing about 50% of their current line. The Horny Toad owner/CEO just bailed them out with new capital and that's giving the company a second chance right now.

I hope they do well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...