Topic

Fast, long day hikes in the SF Bay Area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Fast, long day hikes in the SF Bay Area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Gibbs

@jessew

Hey there,

I'm looking to find a group of folks that are perhaps looking to do some 'training' day hikes or overnighters around the SF Bay Area, where we cover 35-50 miles per day, w/ a pace of 3-4 mi/hr. My thought is to do a mix of day hikes and overnighters (perhaps covering 75-100 miles over 2 days) in some of the great parks and wilderness areas in our back yard.

My own goal is to get ready for a 5-6 day trek of the JMT in '09, so I'm hoping to log some 1-2 day trips that will be similar to the pace of the JMT.

One fellow BPLer and I did a 'Big Basin Loop Trail' last weekend covering 38 miles. The previous weekend, I did a 'Pt Reyes Rim Trail' covering about 37 miles. There are lots of other possibilities in the area.

Please send me an email at [email protected] if you're interested!

Jesse Gibbs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools