Topic

SD 4 oz wp/b jacket – personal experiences?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SD 4 oz wp/b jacket – personal experiences?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ivo zlatinov

@ivaylo

I was wondering if somebody has this and how breathable it is

Does this make windshirts obsolete? I just bought a Marmot Ion, it’s about the same weight, not w/p… hopefully at least it breathes better

Should I return the Ion and get this SD jacket for both rain gear and windshirt use?

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Ivo, before taking such a drastic step read this:

http://www.ryanjordan.com/weblog/2005/10/sierra_designs_.html

ivo zlatinov

@ivaylo

ha, very interesting. but even if SD makes good on the wp and keeps same weight, for me there is still the question of breathability

I’m going to sweat as a pig anyway, no matter what I wear (running and biking) but a more breathable windshirt (the Ion) should at least minimize discomfort by encouraging evaporation, I hope. Also, I should be able to take it any time I’m out, which is not something I am willing to do w/ my Pac Lite top

any opinions by others more experienced are greatly appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools