Topic

Winter remote canister stove

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedNov 9, 2008 at 5:49 am

I'm looking to buy a remote canister stove that i can invert for cold weather use.
I've searched the forum, but i would like to know if there is a lighter/better option than the MSR Windpro. Maybe someone knows of a new stove that has been released for this winter?
Thanks.

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedNov 9, 2008 at 12:48 pm

> doesn't look as stable.
With the Snow Peak GST100 on top I found it quite stable. Those legs are rigid. No worries at all.

Cheers

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedNov 9, 2008 at 12:50 pm

> like to know if there is a lighter/better option than the MSR Windpro

The interesting thing here is that (according to MSR) the WindPro was originally designed to be an inverted canister stove, but MSR didn't follow through with the testing and promotion. Don't know why.

Cheers

PostedNov 9, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Cheers Roger,
It was the height that made it look unstable to me.
Would you think the MSR Windpro would be a good choice for inverting a cylinder? Does the hose swivel easily enough?

PostedNov 9, 2008 at 2:33 pm

I have the MSR WindPro and it's a great winter stove for melting snow, etc. I use it in the inverted mode all the time because if I use the stove, it's winter. (I use a Caldera Cone alcohol stove for 3 seasons).

As to the swivel, … it doesn't :-( I have no idea why MSR didn't include it but, it's not a deal killer. After you fiddle with the placement a few times, you know what to expect and deal with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...