I have been using the Montrail Hardrock for summer use the last two years. The ones I am using are pre-buy by Columbia. I am currently wearing a 13W. My question is two fold. Has anyone seen the mid in wide sizes? I have looked several times and have not found any. If they do not exist what are the chances that the new 13 regular size would still work? Is it made from the same last as the 2007's or is it by chance any wider. I am looking for something drier for my feet for the shoulder seasons and love the fit and stability of my current Hardrocks.
Topic
Montrail Hardrock Mid GTX
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I do not believe the Hardrock Mid is offered in a wide version, they (Montrail) do not show anything on their site other then the 08 Hardrock as being offered in wide.
Sorry to piggyback on this thread, but I've been considering giving these a go too. Not terribly practical considering there are no Montrails on sale in Australia though.
Have any of you guys worn asics (eg. gel nimbus or kayano etc) as well as the hardrocks? I'm trying to get an idea of how the sizing might compare to asics, as they are what I wear for running. Perhaps the hardrocks might be too narrow in width? The asics (standard width) fit me perfectly. If anyone can comment on how the montrails compare to asics I'd appreciate it. =-)
I wear hardrocks to hike and asics (gel-cumulus 9s) for running. I find the asics to be a little bit wider, like by a hair, than my montrails. I also had to go up 1/2 size for the montrails since they run small (they are the new 'post-columbia' version.)
Haven't seen the Mid's offered in wide. I have a normally skinny foot and the Hardrocks fit me tight and I have to size up a full size. A normal foot would probably require a "wide".
As for Asics, I have the very breathable Gel_2120 (Trail version with the robust tread) which fits me great in 1/2 smaller than the Hardrocks. They are about 4 oz lighter per shoe. They don't offer as much support as the Hardrocks but do offer more support than any other "tennis shoe" brand that I have found (Nike, Addidas, etc.)
Ashley,
If it's of any help, I just found a few Hardrock 08's left on sale in Brisbane for A$99 which is way cheap. I usually take a US9.5 wide in the 2006 version, but the 2008 regular US10 fits me fine & my feet are widish. The regular fitment seems wider than older versions which were definitely too narrow for me. They're also a perfect fit on a friend who normally wears Asics. Contact Globetrekker – 07 3221 4476.
Thanks guys for all the tips. Sounds like they should fit ok. R Yee, thanks, I might try contacting globetrekker. I'd kind of like to try before I buy though. I've had a PM from another BPL member saying that there are a few montrail shoes around in Australia, so I should be able to find some in Sydney if I look hard enough. Hopefully we'll see a few more appearing (including the hardrock mid-gtx) now that they have been bought out by columbia.
Sounds like it will be worth giving the mid a try even if it is not a wide size. I'll just make sure to order from someone with free shipping both ways if needed. Thanks for all the input.
Become a member to post in the forums.

