Topic

A year in Asia

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips A year in Asia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Hey Ya'll,

Well, I'm doing it. I'm taking off for a year of travel in Asia in a month or so. And I'm finalizing my pack and what to bring. It's some hard choices! My plan inclundes: thailand, cambodia, laos, veitnam, china, india, nepal, tajikistan.

I'm going to be in hotels and towns the majority of the time. And I'm planning on doing a fair amount of backcountry stuff. Mostly in the himalaya but who knows where?! I figure i'll have at least a month of camping in the next year.

My basic gear list:
    Golite Jam2
    HS Rainbow
    foam pad
    Marmot Helium
    Golite rain gear
    Golite Umbrella
    compass
    regular clothing
    Patagonia Puffball

I'm not planning on bringing a stove or pot. I can make and buy that over there. And right now I definitely don't have enough warm clothes for high altitude trekking. My thought is that I'll just buy more stuff once I get to the region. But the closer I get to leaving, the more tempted I am to buy a nice montbell down jacket. Seems silly when I'm going to be in Southeast asia for months in hot weather though.

Other notable exclusion is long underwear. That's an item that I think i'll easily be able to buy when I need. And quality isn't that big a deal IMO.

Any advice? Well wishes? yeehaw!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools