Topic

Event Rain Pants?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Event Rain Pants?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roland
    BPL Member

@robson

Hi everybody,
    I own a ID Event Rain Jacket and I wonder if there’s any Event Rain PANTS out there. I believe ID doesn’t sell Event pants. I only know that RAB and Montane (both UK) sell EventPants.
    Thank you and greets from Germany

Colin Thomas

@fullofadventure

I have the ID eVENT jacket too and am looking to buy some pants soon as it is the most amazing wp/b fabric I have used to date. ID does not make any yet but cross your fingers because that might change soon. I e-mail them about pants and this is what they said to me.

“The initial release will take place at the January Outdoor Retailer’s Show in Slat Lake City. We will then consider “public” release based on feedback about our new design. (I personally think they are great!!!”

I hope they are designed with a bit of articulation in the knee and crotch areas for better fit and mobility without lift. Their jacket even though I like it could be better designed if the fit category so I hope the pant is a different story. I realize that the more design features and sewing would make the clothing more expensive but I am willing to pay for it.

You are correct that the only other companies that make lightweight eVENT pants are Rab and Montane. I saw the Montane pants (15oz) at my local retailer but did not try them on because I am holding out till spring when they will release their new Air pant (8oz L). So for me it will be a show down between ID (local and cheaper) and Montane (expensive but better fit).

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

I noticed the new eVENT Alpinist jacket with matching pants at the Wild Things website.

Colin Thomas

@fullofadventure

Thanks for the heads up TVW on the Wild Things eVENT products. Looks to be nice for mountaineering but it might be a bit heavy for ultralight hikers. They have an eVENT bivy too and have updated a few products for 05. Site looks nice too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools