Does anyone now the weight of the following BPL clothing in size XL or L?
Thorofare Trekking Pant
Light Merino UL Shirt (Long-Sleeve)
Merino UL Long John Pant
Any other comments about these items would also be helpful.
Thanks,
Tony
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
Does anyone now the weight of the following BPL clothing in size XL or L?
Thorofare Trekking Pant
Light Merino UL Shirt (Long-Sleeve)
Merino UL Long John Pant
Any other comments about these items would also be helpful.
Thanks,
Tony
Thorofare Pant, Large – 4.175 ounces
Tony,
The thorofare pants in size large weigh 4.4 oz.
They are very thin but seem to be durable beyond their weight. The light color is semi-transparent when wet, not important to me but may be to some. I didn't get the shirt as I prefer wool only for tops. Check the following reference to a thread that discusses them in detail.
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/15347/index.html
BPL XL Merino Wool long john pant 4.16 oz (118 g)
They are very thin (obviously). I bought mine for more or less summer use in the mountains, but never got to take them on a trip after getting them as the weather got colder and I took my heavier Icebreaker.
They feel great on though.
Tony, in addition to the above, the Thoroughfare clothing is the most mosquito impervious I've ever seen!
Become a member to post in the forums.