Topic

ULA Rain Wrap

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Rain Wrap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Does anyone know where to a get a large before Dec 1st?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Don't forget to layer it with the equally tasteful MontBell Thermawrap skirt :)

Stuart Burke

@burkest

Locale: Collegiate Peaks Wilderness

Brett,

It is my understanding that ULA coproduces the rain wrap with Etowah outfitters. The Etowah outfitters website lists a skirt that appears the same as the ULA rain wrap but you would need to contact them to find out for sure.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

I don't think they make it in a size 38. Left out again.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Yeah, for like $11 more.

Patrick Baker

@wildman

I have a new large one I will sell you, contact me at

Patrick_R_
    Baker@hotmail
    .com

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I've puchased a Thermawrap from Patrick before (jacket, not skirt). A "plus" rating definitely.

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

Do the sizes refer to length or waist size? I bought the large thinking it was for length (I'm tall) and the wasit was huge! I had to really cinch the elastic cord.

I like it though. Almost as versatile as a bandana :)

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Hey thanks everyone. I have about a 38 waist so I think I will be fine with the L. I just need this before he reopens. Thanks again.

François Lederer

@franzi68

Hi,

I confirm that it is exactly the same rain wrap proposed by Etowah outfitters, to the 11 USD more compared to ULA.

I saw one in the "happy hiker" shop, Gatlinburg TN, at the border of the Great Smoky Mountains national park.

Definitely a great peace of kit.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

I wonder why the 44% mark up for the same piece of gear?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You know this thread has brought to my attention what appears to be an incredibly efficient and convenient piece of rain gear for the climate I hike in most of the time. Unfortunately it is not available, ULA currently closed and Ettowah, who apparently targets prospective customers who have no sense of the value of a dollar. However it appears to be very simple and cheap to MYOG it. Just a rectangular piece of fabric with some Velcro or snaps. Has anyone done this?

Inaki Diaz de Etura
    BPL Member

@inaki-1

Locale: Iberia highlands

I have and it's indeed dead easy. I copied from some other (normal wear) skirt with a tapered waist but I guess you can just cut it straight like a cone section and it should be fine. I used velcro for the closure.

I works very well depeding on conditions. It's so light and packable you can carry it in a pocket and put it on almost on the go.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

>I have and it's indeed dead easy

Ditto. I just used the measurements off the ULA website and added a bit for the seams. Easy on, easy off, plus a great groundsheet/pack cover stc…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools