Topic

figuring out basic gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists figuring out basic gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    zoli bassoff

@windsong

Hello. I am trying to figure out my clothing for a pct hike starting june 15th in the southern sierras and possiblly making it to the california border.

For the top i was thinking of bringing a thermal top, synthetic hiking top, wind shell, ponch/backpack cover and a montbell wraparound jacket.I Am also thinking of bringing thin fleece gloves and a fleece hat.

for my bottom I am going to bring breathable waterproof pants, thermal bottoms, hiking shorts either regular synthetic or pure spandex. I will be using trail running shoes for the first part of the trail and possiblly move to regular running shoes after i pass up the main part of the snow.

If the wind shell sounds like a good idea does anyone know of a good light weight model. Any ideas on a good poncho.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools