Topic

general gear list for section of pct

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists general gear list for section of pct

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zoli bassoff

@windsong

I am planning a 2 month hike on the pct next year starting in Sequoia national park and will be getting close if not all the way to the california border. my date of departure will be around june 15th I am still working on a gear list and trying to find the best products.

Here is a basic idea of what my clothing will be without gear brands. I would appreciate ideas for actual gear.

for top. ponch/backpack cover. wind jacket, montbell wraparound jacket, thermal top, sythetic shirt both long and short, hat, gloves and a really light weight stretch neck warmer.

for the bottom i will be using light weight shorts with spandex underwear, thermal bottoms, socks, gaiters the short kind for dust and either trail running shoes or regular running shoes.

thanks for your input

Graeme Finley

@gfinley001

Locale: SF Bay Area

Depending on how heavy the snow is this year you should also consider an ice axe. June 15th is pretty early to be hiking in the Sierras – most thruhikers won't be leaving Kennedy Meadows until after that date. Some serious bug protection would also be advisable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools