Topic

Modal?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 19, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Ah, I see it is 50% more water absorbent than cotton. Maybe not then.

PostedOct 19, 2008 at 9:27 pm

I've had a couple of modal shirts (not for hiking, just general wear). Never again. The least bit of sweat and they stay wet a long time. Plus they pilled badly.

PostedOct 20, 2008 at 5:35 am

RiverRunner,

The pilling is not universal. A range of fabrics use modal fibers, resulting in a range of qualities. It is cellulose and should be treated as such. I won't yet dismiss it from all possible outdoor uses, however they may be very limited.

Modal is not a performance base-layer. Its hand is pleasant thus easy to sell. Quality in a product suffers when not demanded beyond impression at point-of-sale.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...