Topic

Brits on the JMT 2008

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Brits on the JMT 2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

Afternoon All (well it is here, also wet and grey)….

That greyness is assuaged by my thinking back to 17 fantastic days on the JMT this summer – from Yosemite Valley to Whitney Portal…

Organising things for a quick kick-off is not easy from the UK and so we only resupplied twice, Mammoth Lakes and VVR…. I carried all of our food for 12 days from that point (my girlfriend having hurt her back – probably just an excuse ;-)

What a trip – back here it seems hard to believe we ever did it…..pictures speak louder than my mangled prose….bivouac on rockmuir pass storm moves inpinchet

I will post some more…maybe…only just read the 5mb file size limit (ooops)….then I might start in on the Pyrenees, GR20 in Corsica, the Dolomites :-)

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Congrats!! Ever hike in Wales? We need more pictures.

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

..now that I know how….(maybe)

below mather

curve

next_horizon

pinchet_descent

forrester_post_bannana

stony_desert

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Yes I get down to Wales a bit, but not as often as I would like….it is a long way; I realise saying that to an American (assumption?) might beggar belief…but we have a LOT of traffic to get through….

A shot of Tryfan from last summer….

tryfan

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Ed,

Thank you for sharing your photos of the JMT.

Words fail to describe what you see out there.

I have only done the High Sierra Trail from Sequoia National Park to Whitney.

Nice to see the other parts that I missed.

Hope to follow in your footsteps one day.

-Tony

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

my photos of my 16 days on the JMT this year are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roleigh/collections/72157607171206490/

I must say, the colors in your photos are so intense and rich, what camera did you use?

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

An Exilim EX-Z1000 – I suspect the CCD or colour rendering or whatever it is causes that effect….although TBH it was blue and sunny every day; I am no judge of Sierra conditions really, seldom like that here in the UK alas!

Nice shots BTW; I see they were blasting Forrester when you went over too; the trail crew gave us a bananna :-)

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Ed thanks for the picture of Wales- I lived in Swansea for a few years and did alot of hikes in the country side and by coast in Milford Haven. Brings back good memories.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools