Topic

can opener

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear can opener

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

Does anyone know if Good Cook can opener will open 8oz red bull cans?

If not any other suggestions?

D LARSON
    BPL Member

@epilektric

Locale: Midwest

I saw those can openers at Target for about $10 and was finally able to score one at my local thrift shop for $4.

It was able to open an 8oz can and the larger 12oz can but I had to first remove the metal guide loop thing. You can just pull the metal guide straight out with a pliers and it's easy to put back in place when you're finished.

I held the opener in my left hand and applied a slight rotational force by turning my wrist clockwise. This helped to keep the cutting blade in contact with the can. I turned the handle clockwise with my right hand. To help guide the can, I sort of rested the can against my legs because otherwise it started to slide out toward me.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Dana, this sounds kinky. Please provide photos.

D LARSON
    BPL Member

@epilektric

My camera has been acting up ever since my bachelor party! But I was able to get some good shots with it.
    Here's a set of photos on Flickr for how I've opened 8oz and 12oz aluminum cans.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

Dana, I have to say that these are the best pics I have seen of the process of opening a can. Thanks!

D LARSON
    BPL Member

@epilektric

No Problem. I'm glad you like them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools