Topic

backpack (dyneema spectra) odor removal?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion backpack (dyneema spectra) odor removal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mike oliver

@ekimo2419yahoo-com

I bought a used pack and it smells less than pleasant, cigarette funky, with hint of chemical deodorizer. the fabric looks clean and new, what is the best way to get the smell out?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Go backpacking and sweat on it!!!!! Chemical free

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Mirazyne works wonders no matter how disgusting! i.e. my grown boys hockey gear after a four day tournament away with no washing and packed, wet on the plane trip home. Miracle stuff!

http://mcnett.baron-co.com/page.cfm?pageID=559

Gordon Dunn

@egads

Locale: South East

store some charcoal inside of it and let the carbon absorb the odors

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I just wash mine in the tub with laundry soap, let it soak awhile and rinse it out. Hang outside to dry.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I had the same problem- look at the thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/13976/index.html?skip_to_post=103444#103444

I used "Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer". Do not drench or soak the fabric. It only took one application. I did let it hang outside for a couple of days under cover. But it worked great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools