Topic

MYOG Hex 3 bugtent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Hex 3 bugtent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Here's the bugtent Kath and I have made for our trip to spain in a fortnight's time.

Made from $5 worth of Tyvek and an $8 mosquito net off ebay. The reshaping work on the net is…. less than tidy, but hey, we won't be listening to criticism from the mosquitos in our ears, so what the heck.

It weighs 16oz. Not too much sewing, the net is fixed to the Tyvek with spray glue. The net is held away from our faces with 9 small plastic rings sewn to the tent seams and 9 toggles on the net. Just waiting for a roll of velcro hook'n'loop I bought off ebay to finish the entrance. That'll probably add a few oz. But still well under half the weight of a golite nest.

Hex 3 bugtent.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Looks on the short side. How long does have to be to fit a tall bloke yourself. Whereabouts you heading to in Spain?

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

The Hex has plenty of room for me, corner to corner. The bug tent is about 8'6" across the front, and deep enough for two plus kit behind the angled pole.

We're flying into Malaga, then heading to Tarifa on the Atlantic coast to start our trek along the GR7.

http://www.andalucia.com/rural/walking/gr7.htm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools